Just find your answers below:

The Act is very clear: No person is allowed to manufacture or sell liquor without a liquor licence.

Depending on the conditions of the Act, the amount of liquor you may have on the premises can be limited. Currently it is 150 l in the Western Cape, unless the prior written consent of the Presiding Officer to possess more than 150 l has been obtained prior to the event, even if no liquor will be sold.

It depends on the Province and if you apply for a national distributors licence, a provincial licence or a special event or temporary licence. It also depends on the province where you apply.

Before you do anything else. It also depends on the Province or if it’s for a national licence. The best thing to do is, once you have decided what you want to do, the type of licence you want to apply for and if it is a national, provincial or special event or temporary licence, even before you sign a lease agreement, to contact us for the necessary advice. Act immediately and don’t wait till later. The time it normally takes to consider applications, could mean that you will be paying unnecessarily for premises you can’t use. With a national or provincial licence, it is best, once you have identified premises, to contact us to assist you with the lease agreement and immediately apply for the liquor licence.

You need to contact us immediately, as you will need a liquor licence. Because of the complexities involved, you will need specialised advice, as it will differ from province to province and from function to function. Rather get the necessary advice and application as soon as possible, than waiting too long only to find out it can’t be done.

Contact us immediately for assistance. Sometimes it can be easily resolved, but it could also lead to an application for the suspension or revocation of your licence or the payment of a fine. It could also be that the compliance notice is invalid. Expert advice will be needed in most cases.

Before you meet, find out if it would be merely an informal meeting or not. Call us once you have done so for further advice on how to deal with the matter.

Yes we can. It is best to contact us rather sooner than later, to enable us to familiarise ourselves with the matter and to give you the best advice from the outset.

Many objectors don’t know how to object and due to no or poor objections, licences are granted, despite the objections. It is important for the public to get involved. Get other members of the community to stand with you and get in touch with us. If it isn’t an application handled by ourselves, we can assist you to object. If it is a licence where we act on behalf of the licensee, we would be more than happy to find out what your objections are and try and come to an arrangement that will suit everyone.

It will depend on the contravention. The best would be to contact your local Police station, lay a complaint and insist on getting a case number. Also request them to give you feedback on the complaint. You can also call the Law Enforcement department of your local authority. Follow the same process. Should the problem continue, do so again, following the same process. Keep careful notes of the time and date and nature of the non-compliance, as well as the times and dates you have referred the matter to the authorities and the reference numbers. You can then approach the Liquor Authority in your province and insist that they take the necessary action in terms of the applicable Liquor Act for that province. Should you still not have satisfaction, gather as much support as you can from neighbours and people who experience the same problems as you do and contact us for further advice.